A Disciple-Making Church
One of the most effective methods for evangelizing the lost and growing them as disciples are through the establishment of new churches.
Pinelake seeks to be a disciple-making church through training, equipping and sending out church planters to establish life-giving churches.
Pinelake’s church planting efforts are expressed in four ways:
- Planting churches
- Leading a church planting residency
- Mobilizing volunteers to serve with church planters
- Participation with like-minded churches and organizations in efforts to equip and train church planters
Church Planting Residency
Our Church Planting Residency is an 11-month training program that prepares church planters to establish life-giving churches. The church planting resident participates in learning environments and customized coaching by Pinelake staff members. Learn more about the Church Planting Residency.
Pinelake Church Planters
Pearl, MS | August 2012
The Exchange was started out of a calling in the Fall of 2010 to plant a brand new expression of the body of Christ somewhere in America. In January 2011, God made it clear that Pearl, MS was the place He wanted to start this new work. In 2011, God began building a team of people with a desire to reach people who are far from God. In 2012, God continued to add to the team as people heard the vision of The Exchange, which is to see people exchange their old life for new life in Christ and live out their purpose.
Bradenton, FL | January 2013
Good Life Church officially launched weekly services on January 13th, 2013 at Tara Elementary School in Bradenton, FL and continues to develop into a vibrant and growing community of believers committed to the mission of making disciples that love enough to share the Good News of Jesus and our lives as well. The name “Good Life” derives from our founding verse, 1 Thessalonians 2:8 and reaffirms our commitment to share Good News and Life.
Victoria, BC | September 2014
In March 2013, Ashley, April, and their three boys made the faith-filled move from Biloxi, Mississippi to Victoria, BC. They spent their first year learning a new ministry context, building relationships, praying for the community, serving the city, and putting a team together. Canvas started in the Austin living room in September 2013 with nine adults and six kids. The church began meeting publicly at the Westin Bear Mountain in January 2014. In 2017, Ashley and his wife April felt led to start a second campus, Canvas Oak Bay, in the eastern part of the city. Canvas and Canvas Oak Bay are both now incredible life-giving churches serving the people of greater Victoria.
Boston, MA | January 2015
Chris Causey and his family moved to Boston in 2015 to plant Encounter Church.
Madison, MS | January 2018
Harvest Church began in 2017 with a simple vision: We exist to grow and multiply disciples of Jesus. Our hope is to see the grace of Jesus transform lives here in Madison County, throughout the state of Mississippi, and in all the world. It is also our heart to love one another and live on mission together as a family of faith.
New Braunfels, TX | March 2019
At Epic Life, our Vision is to see Christ-followers transforming everyday places into sacred spaces where people can connect to Christ.
Jackson, MS | January 2011
Fondren Church is a place to find faith, expressed in love, and lived in community in Jackson, MS.
Clearwater, FL | January 2015
On January 11, 2014 Brandon & Jennifer Bruce arrived in the Clearwater, FL area with a God-given vision to start a new church. On January 19, 2014, 9 adults and 6 kids gathered in an apartment living room in Clearwater. Then, exactly one year from when the Bruce family arrived, Church Experience launched on January 11, 2015. Since that time, a growing number of people have experienced God’s amazing grace and love!
Pensacola, FL | Summer 2023
Multiply Church will be planting in the Pensacola, FL area in the summer of 2023. With a mission to make disciples of Jesus and mobilize them across the Pensacola community. As disciples of Jesus, we will Worship God, Know ourselves, Love our family, and Serve our community.
Epic Life, has become a church that plants churches, and its first resident is working through the process of planting a church.
Church Planting Residency
Pinelake offers a church planting residency program for training church planters in the knowledge and skills for planting reproducing, life-giving churches.
The 11-month program is a full-time paid residency designed to coach a church planter through pre-launch phases of vision refinement, leadership competencies, core group development, funding strategies and systems creation. Each resident participates in a network of church planters utilizing the Send Network Training as well as a learning community to build a stronger knowledge base of theology, ecclesiology and missiology.
- Learning in a high-capacity leadership environment.
- Participating in church planting-specific training.
- Inclusion in a national and local network of church planters.
- Customized learning environments for coaching in personal skill development.
- Working at a healthy, sustainable pace as you prepare for the launch of the new church.
Partial List of Responsibilities
- Live in humble submission to Christ, learning from the Word and from others.
- Develop a working understanding of ecclesiology, missiology, and theology in regard to the church plant.
- Development of a prayer support ministry for the new church plant.
- Research, define, and develop a comprehensive launch plan for the new church plant.
- Actively recruit, enlist, and equip the core launch team.
- Develop and execute a strategy for donor support.
- Visit other church plants in order to assess, learn, and strengthen personal leadership.
- Involvement in selected activities with the Pinelake Missions Team.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A life that gives evidence of Christ.
- A clear call to plant reproducing churches.
- Willingness to relocate to Brandon, MS, and then relocate again to the church planting site after the residency.